Bill Krueger has been actively engaged in the defense of civil rights, employment, labor, tort and insurance litigation for over 25 years. He successfully defends and tries cases for cities throughout the State of Texas. Mr. Krueger handled two cases before the United States Supreme Court, as well as a multitude of appellate cases at the Fifth Circuit and state levels. He has over 20 published opinions, and he has testified before the Texas Legislature on employment issues. He was an 8-year member of the Evidence Committee for the State Bar of Texas. Mr. Krueger was the General Counsel to the Texas Police Association for 10 years. Mr. Krueger specializes in the defense of cities, counties, political subdivisions, and other governmental entities. He regularly lectures at seminars for the Texas Police Association, Texas Municipal League, Texas Association of Counties, Texas City Attorneys Association and the Texas State Bar. Mr. Krueger aggressively brings cases to conclusion with effective and efficient results. He is passionate about his work in the government sector and how his efforts provide important resolution to communities around the state. While Mr. Krueger often wins lawsuits on pre-trial motions, he has an extraordinary record of success in the courtroom as well. The Martindale-Hubbell rating system scores Mr. Krueger with an “A-V”-the highest rating possible with regard to legal ability and general ethical standards. Mr. Krueger is fluent in Spanish.
Areas of PracticeOpen or Close
- Governmental Defense
- Employment and Labor Disputes
- Insurance Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Tort Litigation
Honors and DistinctionsOpen or Close
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- “A-V Pre-Eminent” rating with Martindale-Hubbell
- Who’s Who Among American Lawyers
- Registry of Pre-Eminent Lawyers
- The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Travis County Bar Association Trial Academy Instructor
- Who’s Who Among American Law Students
- Baylor Order of Barristers
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity
- Beta Alpha Psi (Accounting Honor Society)
Published WorksOpen or Close
- Cantrell v. City of Murphy, 133 S. Ct. 119 (2012).
- Sanchez v. Dallas/Fort Worth Int’l Airport Bd., 132 S. Ct. 1970 (2012).
- Nickols v. Morris, 132 S. Ct. 261 (2011).
- Cantrell v. City of Murphy, 666 F.3d 911 (5th Cir. 2012), cert. denied, 133 S. Ct. 119 (2012).
- City of Caldwell v. Lilly, No. 10-12-00102-CV, 2012 Tex. App. LEXIS 6702 (Tex. App.—Waco Aug. 9, 2012).
- City of Wylie v. Taylor, 362 S.W.3d 855 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2012).
- Chavers v. Hall, 488 F. App’x. 874 (5th Cir. 2012).
- Chavers v. Morrow, 449 F. App’x. 411 (5th Cir. 2011).
- DeSmit v. Dallas Fort Worth Int’l Airport Bd., 470 F. App’x. 277 (5th Cir. 2012).
- Sanchez v. Dallas/Fort Worth Int’l Airport Bd., 438 F. App’x. 343 (5th Cir. 2011), cert. denied, 132 S. Ct. 1970 (2012).
- Nickols v. Morris, 419 F. App’x. 534 (5th Cir. 2011), cert. denied, 132 S. Ct. 261 (2011).
- Boliver Taylor v. Joseph Herrera, et. al., No. 3:05-CV-2055-K EC, 2008U.S. Dist.LEXIS 14254 (N.D. Tex. Feb. 24, 2008).
- Sandy Tidwell Gilmore v. Mike Sympson, et. al., NO. 4:08-CV-285-Y, 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 28170 (N.D. Tex. Mar. 24, 2010).
- Stephen Gilbert v. City of Bryan, Texas, et. al., 400 F. App’x. 842 (5th Cir. 2010).
- City of Milford v. Nestor Calderon, Jr., No. 10-10-00247-CV, 2010 Tex. App. LEXIS 9680 (Tex. App.—Waco Dec. 8, 2010).
- City of Balch Springs v. Diana Hall Austin, 315 S.W.3d 219 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2010).
- Moore v. City of Wylie, 319 S.W.3d 778 (Tex. App.—El Paso 2010, no pet. h.).
- Denton County v. Beynon, 283 S.W.3d 329 (Tex. 2009) .
- City of Corsicana v. Stewart, 249 S.W.3d 412 (Tex. 2008) (per curiam).
- Hammons v. City of Krugerville, No. 05-1046, 2006 Tex. LEXIS 263 (Tex. Apr. 7, 2006).
- Coggin v. City of Lockhart, 145 F. App’x. 979 (5th Cir. 2005).
- City of Celina v. Blair, 05-04-01460-CV, 2005 Tex. App. LEXIS 8220 (Tex. App.—Dallas Sept. 22, 2005).
- Stewart v. City of Bryan Public Works, 121 F. App’x. 40 (5th Cir. 2005).
- Sutton Building , Ltd. v. Travis County Water District No. 10, NO. 03-02-00659-CV, 2004 Tex. App. LEXIS 5526 (Tex. App.—Austin June 24, 2004).
- Associated Glass Ltd. v. Eye Ten Oaks Investment, Ltd., 147 S.W.3d 507 (Tex. App.– San Antonio 2004).
- Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. v. Schuster, 144 S.W.3d 554 (Tex. App.–Austin 2004).
- Atwater v. City of Lago Vista, 532 U.S. 318 (2001).
- Rocha v. Faltys, 69 S.W.3d 315 (Tex. App.–Austin 2002).
- Hertz Corp. v. Robineau, 6 S.W.3d 332 (Tex. App.–Austin 1999).
- Gregg County v. Farrar, 933 S.W.2d 769 (Tex. App.–Austin 1996, writ denied).
- Dear v. City of Irving, 902 S.W.2d 731 (Tex. App.–Austin 1994, writ denied).
- Blackwell v. Barton, 34 F.3d 298 (5th Cir. 1994).
- Bell v. City of Waco, 835 S.W.2d 211 (Tex. App.–Waco 1992).
- National County Mutual Fire Ins. Co. v. Johnson, 829 S.W.2d 322(Tex. App.—Austin 1992), aff’d, 879 S.W.2d 1 (Tex. 1993).
- Hankins v. DISD, 698 F.Supp. 1323 (N.D. Tex. 1988)
Open or Close
- All Texas Courts
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern,
- Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
Classes and Seminars TaughtOpen or Close
Mr. Krueger has been a frequent CLE speaker for more than 20 years. He has delivered numerous custom seminars and presentations all over Texas and around the country. Furthermore, Mr. Krueger has spoken to the Texas Legislature on important legal topics. Listed below are some of the many topics he has presented in recent years.
- Section 1983 Cases and the Identity of the Final Policymaker (Buck Stops Here)21st Annual Attorney Workshop, Austin, Texas
- State Law Update, 21st Annual Suing andDefending Governmental Entities Course, SanAntonio, TX, July 2010 (Course Director)
- Construction Defect Coverage Analysis, Dallas,TX, October 15, 2009
- Qualified Immunity, 20th Annual Suing andDefending Government Entities, San Antonio,TX, July 2009
- Claims Adjustings from Inception to Conclusion, Scottsdale, AZ & Chicago, IL,2007.
- Governmental Liability under the Texas Tort Claims Act, Irving, TX, September 2006.
- Eminent Domain and Public Use under KELO, 19thAnnual Suing and Defending Governmental EntitiesCourse, San Antonio, TX, July 2006.
- Adjusting the Product Defect Lawsuit in Texas, Dallas,TX, May 2, 2008
- Adjusting the Large Loss, Irving, TX, March 28, 2008.
- Overview of USERRA, Dallas, TX, November 2007.
- Fire-EMS General Liability Coverage, Irving, TX,January 2007.
- Understanding Sexual Harassment, Chicago, IL,November 2006.
- Overview of Liabilities for Third-Party Criminal Acts,Atlanta, GA, March 2006.
- State-Created Danger Doctrine, San Antonio, 2003 &Austin, TX, November 2005.
- Texas Whistleblowers: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, November 2005.
- Excessive Force Cases and Tactics, November 2005.
- Indemnity, Additional Insured, and Coverage Issues,Dallas, TX, August 2005.
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace, Dallas, TX, July2005.
- The Stop Heard Around the World, Irving, TX,September 2004.
- The Truth About Cats and Dogs: Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. v. Schuster, Austin, TX, December 2004.
- Indemnity, Additional Insured, and Other Insured,Dallas, TX, January, 2004.
- Personal Liability of Government Volunteers, Austin,TX, February 2002.
- Implementing a Policy on Racial Profiling, Austin, TX,February 2002.
- Qualified Immunity, Saucier v. Katz, May 2002.
- Protecting the Rights of the Insured, 2002.
- Racial Profiling in the New Millennium, Toronto, Canada, 1999.
EducationOpen or Close
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D.
- Texas A&M University, B.A. Accounting
Professional MembershipsOpen or Close
- State Bar of Texas
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- Texas Municipal League
- Texas City Attorneys Association
- Austin Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Travis County Bar Association
- Texas Association of Counties
- Texas Association of School Boards
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Texas Police Association
Latest News & Notes
Partner Mick McKamie has again been named a SuperLawyer for 2017 in State, Local and Municipal Law. https://profiles.superlawyers.com/texas/san-antonio/lawyer/william-m-mckamie/927102b6-7726-446f-bd8c-ee78eebf89f5.html This is Mick’s 4th consecutive year to be recognized as a Texas SuperLawyer. CONGRATS!!!!
McKamie Krueger LLP
941 Proton Road
San Antonio, Texas 78258
Toll Free: 877.665.6449