We offer full-service representation to cities in Texas, handling matters involving:
- The duties of cities under the Texas Public Information Act (PIA)
- Texas Open Meetings Act compliance
- Risk management
- Council, Board and Commission training
- Election orders and notices
- Budget and tax formalities
- Drafting, review, enactment and monitoring of municipal ordinances
- Review and amendment of home-rule charters
- The negotiation, review and preparation of all types of municipal contracts, such as procurement contracts, economic development agreements, employment contracts, and contracts for the sale or lease of real property
- Code enforcement issues
- Interaction with the Texas Attorney General and other state agencies
- Interaction with the U.S. Department of Justice and other federal agencies
- Annexation issues and boundary disputes
- State and local tax controversy
Our singularly broad and deep experience in general counsel services to Texas cities and other local governments has produced a character of confidence and competence. We seek solutions and legal ways to meet client objectives, not legal barriers. On the other hand, you can expect frank evaluation of risks and rewards associated with each potential client decision.
Also, although we are sensitive to political issues, we remain resolutely apolitical. This allows us to remain effective legal counselors in virtually every environment. And of course, because each attorney has a long experience as ‘in-house’ government counsel, we are sensitive to financial and budgetary constraints.
Latest News & Notes
Partner Mick McKamie has again been named a SuperLawyer for 2017 in State, Local and Municipal Law. https://profiles.superlawyers.com/texas/san-antonio/lawyer/william-m-mckamie/927102b6-7726-446f-bd8c-ee78eebf89f5.html This is Mick’s 4th consecutive year to be recognized as a Texas SuperLawyer. CONGRATS!!!!
McKamie Krueger LLP
941 Proton Road
San Antonio, Texas 78258
Toll Free: 877.665.6449